[darcs-users] Darcs dependencies - how are they stored and discovered?

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Thu Jul 12 15:16:33 UTC 2012

Hi Matt.  Darcs normally doesn't store dependencies directly.  They're
calculated based on whether patches can commute with on another.  If they
freely commute, there's no dependency; otherwise there is one.

One exception is dependencies recorded by `darcs record --ask-deps` which
lets the user manually add explicit dependencies.  These are store on disk
as part of the newly recorded patch.

To answer your question, I don't think using the library directly will make
patch dependency calculations much faster.

--
Michael