[darcs-users] Darcs dependencies - how are they stored and discovered?

Matt Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:02:02 UTC 2012

I'm looking at the feasibility of certain visualization tools/assists
for Darcs, including the rate at which relevant information can be
pulled from a repo.

While some incremental tool may be of use long term, ultimately having
the ability to make "plural" requests that leverage common operations
would be useful.  Functions such as "give me the immediate dependencies
of X".

Honestly, I should just pull a set of data from a big repo (am using the
darcs darcs repo as an example, point out a better candidate if you know
one) and test the viability of the visualization side first (so I can
answer the more important:  "Is there any point/value to this" question).

For those of us who may want to leverage tools outside of haskell, a
high bang for the buck would be a command line option for bulk-querying
either all dependencies, or (better yet) the immediate dependencies of a
plural subset ("dependencies for these hashes") of the repository.