[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] Darcs home page updated

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Fri Jul 13 23:47:20 UTC 2012

Simon Michael wrote:
> On 5/8/12 12:13 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:
>> I like the new home page with the quick start examples and news etc. But
>> may I humbly suggest not to use fixed widths for the two columns of the
>> front page, but rather adapt (mostly the left column) to the user's
>> window size? If I view the page, I cannot get rid of the scroll bars for
>> the example boxes, even if I view in full screen mode. This makes the
>> comments behind the commands hard to read.
>
> Hi Ben, thanks for the feedback. The body width is specified to keep the
> page looking coherent and readable when the window is very large, as is
> more common these days (a lot of sites do this). I specified the column
> widths to fit within that with the right proportions, and to avoid
> scrollbars at default font sizes on all the browsers/platforms I tried.
> Can you send me a screenshot (eg via http://pasteshack.net , it's
> super-easy) and tell me your browser, platform, and special font settings
> if you have any ?

Hi Simon

Coming back to this old thread just to say that with the current version of
the darcs home page the problem has disappeared.

Again, many thanks for this work, the latest version is even better: links
to the wiki, nicely grouped, quick install instructions, a very good blurb,
it's almost perfect.

Cheers
Ben