[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] Darcs home page updated

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Jul 30 15:29:51 UTC 2012

Thanks for clarifying Eric. Yes, I removed the sidebar and tidied up the header/footer a bit at http://darcs.net .

I think there was benefit to having a really clean, modern apple-style landing page with no borders boxing us in. Maybe
some day we can try losing the gray box enclosing pages' content.

I also miss having the quick start examples right there on the front page. Right now it looks tidy but I bet if we did
user testing we'd find a bunch of those links are redundant/not very useful.

> Okay. I just feared that you wanted to make the styling of code blocks
> less nice. I like these round boxes with shadows. :-)

Good good.

As far as I can tell gitit is running well and IMHO moving the site entirely into the wiki was a big win. Nice work!

-Simon