[darcs-users] darcs cannot apply some patch bundles

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:09:40 UTC 2012

On 4 Mar 2012, at 12:28, Ben Franksen wrote:
> As far as I am concerned, the 'darcs send computes minimal context' solution
> would be perfect. But I have no idea how difficult that is (both for the
> darcs developers and then for darcs). For a compromise, maybe some
> approximation of 'minimal' would be good enough in practice.

Ah yes, I think I remember that one issue is that computing the minimal context is actually expensive.

I wonder what Darcs could compute that would a useful “smaller context”.  Maybe since Darcs already bases the bundle off the latest shared tag between sender and trunk (don't quote me on this, just a guess), it could just be minimal-assuming-that-latest-tag?

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>