[darcs-users] interactive trackdown

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Fri Mar 9 21:05:37 UTC 2012

When locating a bug in the repository history, I don't always have a
failing test script available (or can't easily write one).  For
example, if the regression is a visual glitch in some particular web
browser.  In these scenarios, it's often easier for the user to
pretend to be the test script himself.

I propose that 'trackdown --interactive' pause for each patch and ask
the user "Does this version work correctly? [yn]"  If the user answers
'y', it's treated the same as the test passing.  If he answers 'n',
it's treated as a test failure.  Darcs would also have to indicate the
temporary directory where the code resides, so the user knows where to
test.  There would also be a 'q' command to stop the trackdown early.

Does this sound useful to others?  If so, I'll create an issue for it.
 Would I be correct to assign this a ProbablyEasy tag?

--
Michael