[darcs-users] interactive trackdown

Michael Hendricks michael at ndrix.org
Mon Mar 12 14:27:36 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Steffen Schuldenzucker
<sschuldenzucker at uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Stupid question: Couldn't you get this behaviour by just providing a strange
> test script (like: compile, open web browser & open X dialog "does this look
> nice")?

That's a good question.  I almost mentioned that technique in my
original post.  Interactive trackdown would make the process a little
easier since one wouldn't have to write the same test script each
time.  I also proposed a 'q' command to prematurely stop the trackdown
process.  As far as I can tell, that's not possible with a test
script.

Having an interactive trackdown also makes the UI a little more
consistent since most other commands have useful interactive modes.

--
Michael