[darcs-users] Córdoba sprint report

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:35:18 UTC 2012

Yow! Sounds a good blog post too.
You guys get photos?

On 19 Mar 2012, at 18:14, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
> The Americas Darcs sprint happened 10 days ago in Córdoba (Argentina).
> The sprint was meant as a parallel event of the Southampton (England)
> sprint on March 31st.  In the past, the Darcs project already had
> parallel events: in October 2008, in Brighton, Portland and Paris; and
> in November 2009 in Vienna and Portland.
> At the end of the day, we concluded that one-day sprints with only
> local participants could be done more often (say, every 3 months),
> since barely no logistic is needed at all, and such events are useful
> to reboot some participants's motivation (mine, for instance :-) ).
> Hence the next one-day sprint could happen as soon as June.

Local mini-sprints sound like a great idea.

Darcs-users may not be aware of this, but there's but a recent flurry of clean-up work on the Darcs code: not deep stuff, mind you, just trying to bring it all in line with a single style guide rather than our usual mis-mash (and hopefully along the way bonk the incomprehensible helper function names on the head, wspfr).

Perhaps in Southampton, we could start pushing to deepen this kind of work a bit.

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>