[darcs-users] mission statement

Ash Moran ash.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sun May 20 18:17:51 UTC 2012

On 30 Mar 2012, at 17:16, Eric Kow wrote:

> Talking about theory of patches or patch algebra double-edged.  Great for internal, maybe hard for external? I think it's important to stand on the two legs (theory, ease of use); better yet to be able to link the two.
>
> Ideas? Can you pull it off?

Hi Eric

Very delayed reply to this old post, but I found something that may help. I recently read Made to Stick[1] which is about the psychology of memorable ideas. It has examples of a variety of types of idea (urban legends, company slogans, advertising campaigns), but one that seems especially relevant is about the Murray Dranoff Duo Piano Foundation. "Most attendees had never heard of duo piano and asked about it. Duo Piano, shocked that nobody understood, explained the magnificence of the piano. " I found a snippet online[2], but it might be worth a flick through the book.

HTH
Ash

[1] http://www.amazon.co.uk/Made-Stick-ideas-others-unstuck/dp/009950569X/
[2] http://www.bookjive.com/wiki/Book:Made_to_Stick:_Why_Some_Ideas_Survive_and_Others_Die