[darcs-users] Can't compile darcs on OSX 10.8.1 from cabal

Ash Moran ash.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 10:15:44 UTC 2012

On 11 Sep 2012, at 07:51, Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if that's some sort of Homebrew-ism
> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/5a74fa99df2ff39e2a200c1b416bfd0e5f738a13

This made my head spin even more. I would have liked to help solve the issue on #haskell but it's a bit of a big yak, as I'm only trying to get a tiny side project up and running.

> My typical route to Haskell on a Mac is to download the Haskell Platform binary
> and cabal install from there

Thanks for the tip. I've gone down the Haskell Platform binary route, and it's all installed and compiled darcs just fine. This will do me for now.

Cheers
Ash

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/