[darcs-users] help wanted build Mac packages for darcs releases

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Sep 15 08:17:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

First, thanks, Florian for having packaged Darcs for us! I don't think
Florian is available to work on this any more, though and we may need
somebody to take his place.

As Ash has observed, http://darcs.net/Binaries is still stuck on 2.5
for Mac. Lack of easy installation can be a bit of a hurdle.  I've
updated the wiki suggesting the “download Haskell Platform then cabal
install” route as a simple way for Mac users to get Darcs, but this
may not be ideal.

I would love it if somebody would step up to take the role of building
binaries for Darcs on Mac,
or

- updating http://darcs.net/Mac so we get a recipe for building a
darcs binary we can hand to non-Haskellers
- perhaps helping us to automate things; wouldn't it be great if you
could just click “download nightly?” [Petr CC'ed as he was working on
hydra for Darcs]

Thanks,

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>