[darcs-users] readable version (ANN: darcsden-1.0, hub.darcs.net)

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 10:40:55 UTC 2012

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:

>> Is there something I'm missing here?  It seems pretty useless as a web
>> interface without access at least to the change log and diffs (similarly
>> to darcsweb or patch-tag, let alone Trac).
>
> Hi Dave, a very good question.. are you maybe not seeing the
> navigation buttons (http://hub.darcs.net/simon/darcsden/issue/16) ?

Ah.  I obviously didn't read that properly. I thought it referred to the
login/registration links typically being off-screen but able to be
scrolled on-screen.

Yes, I didn't see those links.  Now I do, which makes it look a lot more
useful, but they're truncated to the left unless I make the window
uncomfortably wide.  Maybe using only two columns would help?  For what
it's worth, Trac -- which I'm used to using -- puts those sort of things
across the top by default.

> If so I'm wondering why, and how many others had the same
> experience. I have a fix to roll out shortly.

Well they didn't appear for me with webkit or the rendering engine in
firefox (whose name I forget).  Likewise on darcsden.com.  I should have
used Lynx!