[darcs-users] conflict but no markers

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Mon Aug 5 21:00:11 UTC 2013

Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
>> Three of these files actually contain conflict markers, but the third one
>> (./src/seq/seq_if.c) does not. Even so, most of the changes that I
expected
>> to see in the file are not there, so it seems Darcs acted as if I had
said
>> --no-mark-conflicts.
>
> Could it be that the conflict with ./src/seq/seq_if.c be not a hunk
> conflict but a move, delete, whatever conflict?
> This may explain why there are no markers.

Hi Guillaume

sorry for the delay, holidays...

No there are no move or delete conflicts, I am sure of that. However, there
were some replace changes and it might be possible they were responsible for
the strange effects.

In the meantime I solved the problem using 'darcs rebase' (which is really
extremely useful, current weaknesses wrt UI notwithstanding).

Cheers
--
Ben Franksen
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachm€nts