[darcs-users] Darcs fast-convert

Owen Stephens darcs at owenstephens.co.uk
Fri Aug 16 13:57:28 UTC 2013

Hi Antoine,

On 15 August 2013 22:28, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any tricks for getting darcs-fastconvert to work with
> a recent darcs?

I've just updated the bridge code to allow the use of darcs-bridge as a simple
one-way import/export that *should* do everything darcs-fastconvert could do.

I just successfully built it against darcs HEAD (darcs get www.darcs.net) and
GHC 7.4.2 using cabal-dev. Get it here[0].

> (The Darcs Bridge wiki page here http://darcs.net/Bridge currently
> recommends darcs-fastconvert in favor of the bridge)

I think what darcs-bridge gives you now should be the same as
darcs-fastconvert, but please be *very careful* - let me know if you see any
problems in the resulting converted repos.

(N.B. darcs-bridge will currently not let you create a bridge and will refuse
to export darcs repositories created from a git export, if it contained any
branches)

Let me know how you get on,

Cheers,
Owen.