[darcs-users] Return a failure error code on quitting with "q"

Ash Moran ash.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat Aug 17 11:32:23 UTC 2013

Hi all

I have a project that I primarily store in darcs, but because I need to send data to a site that uses GitHub web hooks, I have a post-record script that does its best to record each darcs patch as a git commit. I have another script I run to push both the darcs and git changes to their respective remote locations. The slight problem is that if I realise I've made a mistake, and abandon the darcs push by typing "q", darcs exits with a status code 0, so my script has no way to know I want to abort the whole process.

On this basis I was wondering, is there an argument for returning a non-zero status from darcs if the user quits? Or is this considered a "successful" exit, in the sense that nothing went wrong that the user didn't intend?

Thanks
Ash

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/