[darcs-users] [planet darcs] Automatic detection of file renames for Darcs

José Neder jlneder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 16:54:33 UTC 2013

I guess is a little delicate. Maybe there is some editor that write a
backup and then rename, in my experience i haven't had any problem
with gvim, and scratch(elementary editor). Obviously restoring from a
backup would confuse the algorithm and if you rename the file at the
same time it would lose track of it. If you check out an old version
there is not problem, at checkout the inodes in the index are updated.
I am interested in the bzr implementation, if you could throw me a
link or more info about it. I made a quick search but i didn't found
anything about it.