[darcs-users] providing one-time fast-export in darcs

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Dec 22 20:52:15 UTC 2013

The flip-side for maintainability is that darcs-bridge etc will diverge
from darcs. Perhaps that's ok.

Aside from that, the main concern I have is that darcs-fastexport does
the wrong thing with conflicts - you lose information, because it just
recreates pristine after each patch, rather than producing a proper
merge. Baking that into darcs means we're effectively adopting broken
behaviour.

On the other hand I haven't really heard of anyone noticing this in
exported repositories and perhaps something is better than nothing.