[darcs-users] Wikibook on Patch theory

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Feb 24 09:14:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I read the wikibook articles on patch theory:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Understanding_Darcs/Patch_theory
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Understanding_Darcs/Patch_theory_and_conflicts

  and found it very enlighting!

However, at first, I was misled by the introductory "Casual users be
warned ..." since it let me read the second article before the first one,
which does not work.

I would very like to see the missing pieces to be filled in, e.g. on
exponential merge time and conflict battles!

I have still a question about the actual implementation: When I pull and
push patches around then patches must be constantly commuted forth and
back, right? Are they actually changed? If yes, how could darcs detect
that patches are the same? Are they tagged with a key that identifies a
patch even after a lot of commutation?

Best,
Henning