[darcs-users] Mac OSX testers wanted: darcs unstable uses standard cache location

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Jul 20 06:22:59 UTC 2013

On 19 July 2013 17:03, Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> wrote:
> You mean moving the contents of ~/.darcs to
> ~/Library/Preferences/darcs, and also ~/.darcs to ~/.config/darcs
> under Linux ?

Yup, basically putting things where people should by rights expect
them to be (even if in practice they don't because it takes a long
time for people/software to catch up)

> Darcs should do the move automatically then. Contrary to the cache,
> the preference files of darcs do not move "by themselves".

That reminds me: should we do something about the old caches? Would be
kinder of us to free it up somehow.  An automove would be helpful for
that…

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>