[darcs-users] cabal haddock failing for darcs-2.8.4 with ghc-7.4.2

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Mar 25 13:54:54 UTC 2013

On 25/03/2013 04:32, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Dunno if anyone else has encountered this, but I see "cabal haddock"
> failing on darcs-2.8.4 when building with ghc-7.4.2 (Fedora 19
> development).  There are no clear errors messages output as far as I
> can tell but here is an example build failure:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5167231 (the
> build.log link is near the bottom)
>
> It builds fine for me with ghc-7.4.1 in Fedora 18.
> Should I open a bug in the issue tracker or is it a known problem?
>
> I also see it seems to have built successfully in Debian Experimental
> with ghc-7.4.2.
>
> Jens
>
> ps For now I have disabled building with haddock for the Fedora Rawhide build.

The only thing I can see in the log that isn't explicitly a warning is this:

src/Darcs/Patch/Dummy.hs:16:1:
    `DummyPatch' has no constructors (-XEmptyDataDecls permits this)
    In the data type declaration for `DummyPatch'

it seems odd as the file does have the LANGUAGE pragma for that
extension. Might be something to look at as a point of difference?

I've just tried 'cabal haddock' with darcs 2.8.4 and ghc 7.4.2 and (a)
it succeeds and (b) I don't get that particular error.

Cheers,

Ganesh