[darcs-users] GSoC 2013 Darcsden

Owen Stephens darcs at owenstephens.co.uk
Wed May 1 17:38:18 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

On 1 May 2013 18:25, Joe Nash <joenash at blackvine.co.uk> wrote:
> This project sounds quite interesting and I'd like to write a proposal for it. Unfortunately I've only just seen the email about the darcs projects and the deadline is drawing close, and being unfamiliar with the code or the issue I have no idea where to start!

First question: are you famililar with darcs? It's not a necessary requirement I
suppose, but it'll certainly be a good start!

> I'd greatly appreciate more information on this project if any of the proposers or anyone in the know is reading!

Do you use irc? The best thing to do at the moment is probably to hop onto
#darcs on freenode, and say hello! I'm "owst", Simon Michael who's done a lot
of work on darcsden is "sm", come and chat about GSoC, darcs and darcsden. If
not, we can go via email...

> For some background, I'm a second year Computer science student at the University of Nottingham, and have used Haskell quite extensively in my degree thus far, with only more to come. Additionally I have a fair bit of experience with web applications.

Ah cool, did you get taught by Graham Hutton?

Cheers,

Owen.