[darcs-users] make `darcs changes` interactive by default?

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Wed Nov 13 21:31:49 UTC 2013

I'm a bit late to the party, sorry, just catching up on my backlog.

As one of the people who proposed the change I am of course happy with it.
However, that doesn't mean too much, since I have been using -i as my
personal default for a very long time, so for me the change wasn't even
noticeable.

I can fully understand that some people prefer using a pager, so they can
view a full screen of changes at a time. Either way, it is just one entry in
the personal configuration to change the default. I did not propose this
change with experienced users in mind -- I mean users experienced enough
with a command line that they know how to effectively use a pager. I have
been thinking of the many very inexperienced users where I work: they are
used to Windows and quite illiterate with command line tools. I am happy if
I get one of them to even use 'darcs changes' at all. Explaining to them
that they have to add an extra '...|less' after the command (and why) is an
unnecessary distraction and just something more for them to remember.

Cheers
Ben

--
Ben Franksen