[darcs-users] make `darcs changes` interactive by default?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Oct 10 18:10:23 UTC 2013

On 10/10/13 9:19 AM, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:
> Any thoughts about interactive changes by default?

I've been living with it for several months, and I'm not a huge fan.
I've tried to train myself to reach for log instead of changes, but I've
been typing darcs changes for a long time.

Being interactive by default is consistent with push, pull, obliterate
etc. But those are infrequent, destructive commands. Listing recent
changes is one of the most frequent things to do with any VCS, and it's
traditionally a non-interactive command. My vote is to leave changes
non-interactive, with optional -i for interactivity, and log as a simple
alias that works identically.