[darcs-users] darcsum record still hangs for me

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Oct 27 16:25:30 UTC 2013

On 10/26/13 5:06 AM, Andreas Abel wrote:
> in June I pointed out a problem with darcsum report 'R'
>
>     http://hub.darcs.net/simon/darcsum/issue/1
>
> It seems no one is reading bug reports there, so I am posting on this
> list.  This is the issue:
>
>     Darcsum hangs on record and no possibility to investigate why

Guilty! I'm sorry for not noticing your bug report (we really need issue
tracker notifications on darcs hub). Thanks for the report, and for
raising it here.

The developer notes linked from the home page discuss this a little. Set
the variable darcsum-debug to true (M-x set-var, darcsum-debug, t) and
you should get enough debug output to see which darcs output is
confusing darcsum. (C-h e to see it all).

I would love for someone to rewrite the darcsum/darcs communication system.