[darcs-users] planning a 2.8.5

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Aug 5 07:15:41 UTC 2014

On 30/07/2014 06:23, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:

> I'm planning a 2.8.5 release primarily to support GHC 7.8.
>
> The things I intend to include are:
>
>  - GHC 7.8 support
>  - The fixes from HEAD for the problems with downloading that GHC 7.8
> exposes
>  - The configuration fix from HEAD so that a missing libcurl is
> correctly reported rather than as a missing iconv

The current candidate is at http://darcs.net/releases/branch-2.8/

As well as the above I've bumped a few dependencies and added
Guillaume's patch for matching on the short patch hash.

I still need to check that it builds against the upcoming Haskell
Platform 2014.2.0.0 - if anyone tries this please let me know.

If any binary packagers are still active please let me know if you'd
like to coordinate uploads of binaries with the source release.

Cheers,

Ganesh