[darcs-users] Whatsnew on a rolled back repo

Gian Piero Carrubba gpiero at rm-rf.it
Sun Aug 17 09:26:40 UTC 2014

Use case:

I've a repo with patches A and B that are mutually exclusive. They
aren't conflicting, but both define a same-named function, so the sw
won't compile if both are applied. The simple solution is to rollback
the undesired one before compiling, then revert the repo afterwards. Now
I've discovered that last time I've forgotten to do the revert step. If
I do a revert now, I'll lose any change I could have done in the repo
while in the rolled-back status, so I need a way for displaying the
changes in the working dir other than the ones generated by the rollback
command.

Any hint ? I think it could be done with some scripting, but this seems
a bit too heavy task and probably there should be some simpler method
for obtaining this. What am I missing ?

Ciao,
Gian Piero.