[darcs-users] build failure on Debian

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 11:22:23 UTC 2014

Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> writes:

> It should be supported in general. At the moment there are two issues I
> know of:
>
> - hashed-storage has been updated but not uploaded to Hackage, so you
> have to install it from the tree inside the darcs repo (in the
> hashed-storage directory).

I think that should be documented.

I did get it built, but the various error messages in particular were
rather un-obvious.  For instance, does this imply some missing/bad
specification and, if so, where?

  Registering vector-0.10.9.1...
  darcs-2.9.8 depends on haskeline-0.7.1.2 which failed to install.
  haskeline-0.7.1.2 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
  user error (The package requires Cabal library version -any && >=1.16 but no
  suitable version is installed.)

I guessed at "cabal install cabal-install", which eventually got me
going.