[darcs-users] skeptical review requested: darcs tag --ask-deps

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:35:51 UTC 2014

The absence of 'd' surprised me, but I guess the idea is that you want
a tag to tag 'almost everything' instead of 'almost nothing' in a
repository. Otherwise you create a patch with --ask-deps.

On a related note, indeed "darcs amend [--unrecord] --ask-deps" does
not work on tags, so this is a missing feature.

I think it's good as it is now. Probably the help string of the flag
--ask-deps should say someting like "manually select dependencies".