[darcs-users] Q: language-c upstream repo

Ivan Zakharyaschev imz at altlinux.org
Mon Dec 21 14:25:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:

> Indeed, "darcs convert" is sensitive to patch ordering, which is a
> problem in your case.

But isn't it a bug that some tags seem to be lost after the conversion?
(As I have demonstrated below: the tags are present in the source darcs-1
repo, but not in the result.)

> I know it's not really solving the problem but have you noticed that
> the user "visq" on hub.darcs.net is actually the maintainer of
> language-c ? (As I can see from the repo history
> http://code.haskell.org/language-c/_darcs/inventory ).  I guess you
> can make patches against the hub.darcs.net repo then.

Ok, thanks, I'll work it out somehow. I simply have already recorded some
patches and have wondered about a simple way to transfer them to the
darcs-2 repo (a clone of the URL above).

>> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Ivan Zakharyaschev wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like a bug in the darcs conversion in my case, because my darcs-2
>>> result of the conversion lacks some tags, which are present in the darcs-1
>>> source (and also in the hub darcs-2 repo). It's strange that the conversion
>>> once done for hub didn't have this problem.
>>>
>>> ~/TOOLS/prog/language-c.darcs-2 $ darcs show tags
>>> imz_init_typos-fixed
>>> 0.4.1
>>> 0.3.1
>>> $ cd ../language-c
>>> ~/TOOLS/prog/language-c $ darcs show tags
>>> imz_init_typos-fixed
>>> 0.4.1
>>> darcs_apply_bug
>>> 0.3.1
>>> 0.3
>>> 0.1
>>> ~/TOOLS/prog/language-c_hub $ darcs show tags
>>> 0.4.1
>>> darcs_apply_bug
>>> 0.3.1
>>> 0.3