[darcs-users] Q: language-c upstream repo (fwd)

Ivan Zakharyaschev imz at altlinux.org
Tue Dec 22 08:56:51 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 05:59:17 +0000
From: Benedikt Huber <benedikt.huber at gmail.com>
To: Ivan Zakharyaschev <imz at altlinux.org>, haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: Re: Q: language-c upstream repo

Hi Ivan,
the hub.darcs.net repository is a mirror of http://code.haskell.org/language-c (the official upstream) that was created to simplify contributing.
Conversion to darcs-2 was not straightforward IIRC, and the update of the repository did not work out.That's why code.haskell.org is still darcs-1.
Best, Benedikt

Ivan Zakharyaschev <imz at altlinux.org> schrieb am So., 20. Dez. 2015 um 16:32 Uhr:
       Hello!

       I've been interested in hacking language-c library a bit for my needs. (If
       it turns out useful and successful, I'll tell about it.)

       And I've cloned the repo listed at
       https://hackage.haskell.org/package/language-c-0.4.7 , namely:
       http://code.haskell.org/language-c

       Apart from my special hacks, I've also fixed some typos and so on.

       But then I discovered that if I want to publish them on hub.darcs.net , I
       need a darcs-2 repo, and the initial one which I used for cloning is
       a darcs-1 repo.

       I could do the conversion to darcs-2, but I read that it is not
       reproducible: run several times on the same set of patches it will give
       different results.

       As I've discovered also a language-c repo at hub.darcs.net which looks
       like an upstream repo: http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c , I'm in doubt
       whether I should continue making my patches against the darcs-1 repo which
       is said to be upstream at hackage or against
       http://hub.darcs.net/visq/language-c whichis not officially declared as
       the upstream but looks more fresh.

       ..if I want to be able to send some of my patches upstream.

       Best regards,
       Ivan