[darcs-users] upgrade from darcs-1 to darcs-2

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Mar 4 09:41:50 UTC 2015

I started to copy repositories from code.haskell.org to hub.darcs.net. I
still have a lot of darcs-1 repositories but hub.darcs.net requires
darcs-2 format. I suspect that when converting branches/forks of darcs-1
to darcs-2, the darcs-2 repositories will no longer be branches of each
other. Am I right? How can I preserve the sharing of repositories? How can
users with local copies of my repositories upgrade?

I read
    http://darcs.net/FAQ#upgrading-to-darcs-2
    http://darcs.net/OF

but found no answers to these concerns. The FAQ even states:
    "It is also important to know that the Darcs team will probably support
old patch semantics indefinitely, so you do not need to worry about your
repositories becoming obsolete."

In contrast to that statement it seems that darcs-2.5.2 is the last
version that supports the darcs-1 format.