[darcs-users] upgrade from darcs-1 to darcs-2

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Mar 9 17:36:34 UTC 2015

Thanks, all. It seems darcs-2 is not universally liked by darcs devs.

Henning, you mentioned having many personal development branches as a
reason to put off converting. As far as I know that can be easily
handled by pulling all patches into one repo, converting that, and then
selectively pulling/obliterating to recreate your various branches.

I think it's true to say that the exponential merge bug is much more
likely when using darcs-1 repos. This is reason enough for me to prefer
not to run it on hub.darcs.net, which needs to remain reliable, speedy,
and low-maintenance while hosting repos and users of all types.

It would be easy for (eg) Ganesh to set up another darcsden instance for
darcs-1 repos so I think that's a good option.