[darcs-users] 'darcs rebase unsuspend' with unrecorded changes

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu May 21 20:58:49 UTC 2015

On 20/05/2015 18:47, Henning Thielemann wrote:

> 'darcs rebase suspend' let me suspend when there are unrecorded changes
> - of course, because unrecorded changes must be present when I run a
> deep amend-record. But if changes remain, I cannot run 'darcs rebase
> unsuspend' because darcs says:
>
> Rebase in progress: 1 suspended patches
> darcs-2.10.0: can't unsuspend when there are unrecorded changes
>
> What to do now? Shall I do 'darcs revert' before 'unsuspend' and 'darcs
> unrevert' after 'unsuspend'? Like 'git stash' and 'git stash pop'?

That would probably work, though the "unrevert" state may be fragile so
there's a risk of losing it.

To be safe I'd suggest recording, "darcs obliterate -O" to save the
patch to disk, unsuspend, then "darcs apply" to reapply it. At this
point you may have some conflicts to resolve if it conflicted with the
previously suspended patches.

If you're sure it won't conflict, then you can skip the
"obliterate"/"apply" steps, and in fact "revert"/"unrevert" will
probably work out too.

This should be improved in darcs, of course. I'll get to it sometime..

Ganesh