[darcs-users] diff algorithm: matching similar lines

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Jun 28 06:50:34 UTC 2016

Am I right that the old and current darcs-diff algorithm only match
exactly equal lines? I assume that results are more intuitive if also
non-matching lines are taken into account depending on their degree of
similarity (only differences in spacing, single character inserts or
deletions). Or is this too computationally expensive?

I guess that a spacing-aware diff algorithm might also be a step towards
an indentation patch type.