[darcs-users] Emacs modes for darcs

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 12:26:20 UTC 2016

Ilya Perminov <iperminov at dwavesys.com> writes:

> I just tried to use darcsum with Darcs 2.12.4 and it works fine. I
> thought it would be affected by changes in Darcs output that have
> happened since 2.8, but it does not seem to be the case.

[Yes, new darcs versions tend to break this stuff.]

The complementary VC (and Log View) mode from
<http://hub.darcs.net/fx/vc-darcs> might be useful.  I've only tried it
up to darcs 2.10, and Emacs 24, I think, but can probably fix problems
with other versions or add useful features.  From past experience I
expect Emacs 25 will break it, and unfortunately VC fixes to support
systems like darcs (or even RCS) properly were rejected long ago, so
there are rough edges.

I typically use VC for individual files, including things like
annotation, and darcsum for viewing and selecting changes in the whole
repo, rather than VC Dired.