[darcs-users] preparing a 2.14 release

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 01:29:14 UTC 2017

I vote for just revert the patch, assuming it's still easy to do.  The
"release discipline" I'm familiar with is to always revert any
regressions as soon as possible, unless they are fixing something more
important.  And if I read the patch notes correctly, it seems like
this was a case where the documentation said it would detect conflicts
but it never did, and it took years for anyone to notice, so it seems
not so critical.  Once the regression is fixed then there original
patch can be amended with a performance fix at leisure.