[darcs-users] patch1593

Benjamin Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Wed Sep 27 15:16:17 UTC 2017

On 09/14/2017 10:28 AM, Ben Franksen wrote:
> Am 10.09.2017 um 19:58 schrieb Guillaume Hoffmann:
>> Also, let us not forget your current patch bundles, especially
>> http://bugs.darcs.net/patch1593 (separating display and storage of
>> patches)!
>
> [me:] I am really uncertain about this one, taking Ganesh's comments into
> account. My feeling is that the way I did things is the "correct/clean"
> way to solve the problem, but I also agree that it seems a bit
> heavy-weight for the simple distinctions it allows. I have not yet
> looked in detail at Ganesh's alternative attempts. Should do so and then
> come to some conclusion.

My rehaul of the patch (removing the PrimPatchRaw complications and
restoring all tests) has left me convinced that this is the right way to
solve the problem, especially with the latest version that turns V1.Prim
and V2.Prim into real patch types (i.e. no longer patch transformers).
V1.Prim and V2.Prim really /are/ different types, even though their
representation is identical.

Cheers
Ben