[darcs-users] Write-up on "tree repositories" as an alternative to conflictors

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Nov 24 22:55:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 24/11/2020 21:43, James Cook wrote:
> I wrote a description of how to store a repository as a tree of
> primitive patches with active and inactive branches, as an alternative
> to conflictors. For context, see recent discussion on the thread
> "How to extend a patch theory to fully commute".

FYI I remember Petr Ročkai (mornfall) had a similar idea about
deactivating patches many years ago, but I can't remember any of the
details nor can I find what he wrote after searching online a bit.

So this isn't a very helpful comment except perhaps as a pointer in case
someone else does a better job searching than me.

Cheers,

Ganesh