[darcs-users] Couldn't fetch when cloning a repository

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Oct 14 19:54:13 UTC 2021

> On Oct 11, 2021, at 8:37 AM, Gian Piero Carrubba <gpiero at rm-rf.it> wrote:
> The best way forward would be updating all the involved keys, but - again IIRC - darcs hub uses an Haskell implementation of the ssh server, so it could be not so straightforward.
>
> Ciao,
> Gian Piero.
>
> PS: anyway, while at it could it be possible to also implement support for ed25519 keys?.

Right, it's not straightforward. It needs someone(s) to modernise the Haskell ssh lib (see related links at https://hub.darcs.net/#what-is-the-special-ssh-config-i-need-for-darcs-hub <https://hub.darcs.net/#what-is-the-special-ssh-config-i-need-for-darcs-hub>).

Would me switching darcs hub to use the system openssh server, suitably locked down, be an alternative ? IIRC, I think not; the haskell ssh server allows the necessary tight integration with darcs hub's users and repos. (Aside from the resources required to switch.)