[darcs-users] Couldn't fetch when cloning a repository

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Oct 14 21:33:33 UTC 2021

On 14/10/2021 20:54, Simon Michael wrote:
> Would me switching darcs hub to use the system openssh server,
> suitably locked down, be an alternative ? IIRC, I think not; the
> haskell ssh server allows the necessary tight integration with darcs
> hub's users and repos. (Aside from the resources required to switch.)

The biggest difficulty with running the system server is that you
wouldn't want one system account per darcshub account.

The solution used by others, which I hadn't appreciated until recently,
is to use a single username but then dispatch to the right user based on
the public key used - e.g. every GitHub user is sshing to git at github.com.

I think we should definitely do that if we have the resources (but I'm
not volunteering right now). The current situation is a disaster.

Cheers,

Ganesh