[darcs-users] Cannot create an account at bug.darcs.net

Stephen J. Turnbull stephenjturnbull at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 03:31:03 UTC 2021

Karl O. Pinc writes:
 > On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:14:12 +0200
 > Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de> wrote:
 >
 > > (BTW we should really add TLS/SSL to the website and tracker.)
 >
 > FWIW, I find letsencrypt.org and certbot useful.

I did too.  For Apache, I forget whether there's a script that creates
the $SITE-le-ssl.conf, or a one-size-fits-all overlay $SITE-le-ssl.conf,
but it was really easy to do, a few extra lines to rewrite HTTP URLs
to HTTPS URLs, and a few internal changes for proxies and stuff.  It
took about two hours from visiting the certbot site to a working TLS
version of my site, about half of it because I used some Apache config
stuff (reverse proxy, IIRC) that certbot didn't understand, and I kept
forgetting both to disable it to get certbot to work, and then to
enable to get that part of my site to work.  It took a while to figure
all that out (and I still forget to disable on every renewal :-).

Steve