[devops-bootcamp] Thanksgiving Week

Lucy Wyman lucyw at osuosl.org
Sat Nov 22 00:53:22 UTC 2014

Hello DevopsBootcampers!
This week we'll be covering the basics of Databases and SQL!

​

Some things to keep in mind from last week:
* What information is stored in /dev?  What about /proc?
* How permissions are stored, and how to change them.
* What an init.d script does.

If you missed last week, or want to look over the slides
<http://slides.osuosl.org/devopsbootcamp/06_boot_filesystem.html>, they are
on our website <htt://devopsbootcamp.osuosl.org> as always!

This week we'll be covering:
* Basic SQL queries
* Object Relational Managers (ORMs)
* Components of a database (foreign keys, primary keys, etc.)

And more!  This is also our last week of new material for the term, as our
last week will just be review and hacking.  Have a good weekend, and we
look forward to seeing you Monday!

--
Lucy Wyman
Front-end Engineer