[gsoc-dev] GSoC Student Guide

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon Apr 22 17:57:43 UTC 2013

All,

I just wanted to mention and remind all of you that you should all read the
GSoC Student Guide [1] especially the "Writing a Proposal" [2] and proposal
examples [3] [4] chapters. This will considerably help both us and you in
ensuring you do a great job on your proposal. You are free to discuss with
us more privately details about your GSoC proposal to gsoc at osuosl.org if
you want be we encourage you to use this mailing list if at all possible
for general project idea related questions.

Also please keep in mind that we are located in the Pacific Time Zone (PDT)
so if we do not answer your questions quickly that might be a good reason
why. We can schedule a specific time to chat with you if its helpful as
long as it works with our schedule as well.

Thank you and good luck!

[1] http://flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/
[2] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch008_writing-a-proposal/
[3] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch027_proposal-example-1/