[gsoc-dev] Weekly Report - 2nd Week

Ahmed Shabib reachshabib at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:37:09 UTC 2013

Hello,

These are things which I did for the Week-2 ,
1.)Learnt Ruby basics ,Packaging and distribution of ruby programs as Gems.
2.)Understood Vagrant plug-in development process and went through many
Vagrant- provider implementations..
3.)Pushed an initial commit to Github Project.(Not working Yet, Lot of
many things needs to be completed!!).
4.)Went through the Ganeti-Ruby Wrapper and re-factored a bit.

This is my current Deployment of Ganeti in my college Lab.
I am using a single server right now.
Intel Xeon- Quad core processor , 16 GB RAM, 500 G space.
I am using Vagrant-Ganeti Github project to setup 3 virtual nodes.

These are the issues I am facing right now.
1.)How do I assign IP address to the Instance, so that I can ssh into those
instance.
Can we write scripts which gets executed while instance creation ?
Can this be done automatically ?

Things need to be done still
I have followed the code structure of Amazon-vagrant for current
implementation , there is still lots of thing that needs to be done in the
Project .I am Hopeful of completing the part 1 of the project at least by
end of this week.

Thank You
Ahmed Shabib