[gsoc-dev] [GsoC Weekly Report] [GWM] Ganeti Cluster Visualization

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 17:12:27 UTC 2013

Hello everyone.

I am excited about working on my GSoC project on Ganeti Cluster
Visualization and integrating it with GWM.

*So here is what I am upto now:*

For this week, I have been focusing on Graph Visualization Strategies.

I had added a sample visualization of the OSUOSL "prod" cluster before.  *
[1]*

The main feature that I am on right now is *highlighting of secondary node,
when we hover over an instance.*

So now, [1] has been updated to [2] which gives a beta illustration of this
highlighting feature, where the secondary node color is highlighted when
you hover on an instance, which helps an administrator decide which node to
failover too, in case a primary node goes down.

(A text file for the "prod" graph is available for convenience[3].
It should be easy to understand (like csv) - Instance, pnode, snode )

*#TODO*
*
*
- Highlighting is permanent. Need to get things back to normal when we move
away from an instance.
- Reduce false-positives in highlighting due to the clutter.
- Adjust highlighting transitions. (feedback required)
- Add edge highlighting if necessary (need some feedback on this)

*#CODE*
code for the latest changes lies on the develop branch of my github repo
ganetiviz-arbor *[4]*

*Explaination and Details*
I would try to add as much as ideas, explanations and challenges faced as
blog posts on my blog *[5]*, which I would request you to review and
comment so that I can correct errors and improve.

[1] http://webfuel.co.in/pranjal/test/
[2] http://webfuel.co.in/pranjal/cluster-mapping/
[3] bit.ly/14afcMM
[4] https://github.com/pramttl/ganetiviz-arbor/tree/develop
[5] http://www.pranjalmittal.in/

Looking forward to some feedback,
Thank you so much,

P.S:  (Note) I think the configuration of prod cluster might be changed.
The graph represents an older configuration.

--
Best Regards,
Pranjal Mittal