[gsoc-dev] [Ganeti-Cluster-Visualization]

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 18:49:06 UTC 2013

Hi Piotr,

I was working on your suggestions, with making things a little more fixed
and trying out Kinetic JS for the Cluster Graph Visualization.

(1)
I was exploring Kinetic JS more.
Now I know its a much better library. More stable, and well maintained. (in
comparison to Arbor JS)
But some important issues I am facing with it is drawing edges and tweening
of nodes. It lacks some features we need in here.
Its very good to draw *"statistical graphs"*, but it will take me a lot
more research to be able to draw network representations out of it.

But, its an interesting possibility which I am looking into in additional
time.
Do you have any reference to some sort of a Network graph drawn using
Kinetic JS? (I mean with nodes and edges)

(2)
I also tried making things fixed with the current graph, by tweaking the
simulation & node constants in Arbor.
 But it becomes really weird then.
- You have to pull out all the instance_vertices's off the node_vertices's
manually. Drag and drop.

or

-  If I just fix the ganetinode_vertices by making use of a
*"fixed:true"*attribute (just for these ganetinode_vertices) when
creating tje Arbor Node
objects, then..
these vertices land up too close and become cluttered initially and then do
not move far away since they are fixed.

I am trying to see if there is a way I could control the initial positions
where these vertices are rendered.

Thank you for the feedback. :-)

Regards,
- Pranjal