[gsoc-dev] [GWM] Need a bit of Sys Admin help - Sample data

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 12:43:52 UTC 2013

Hello Lance / Ken,

I need some sample data -
JSON dumps for all nodes, virtualmachine objects on any one sample cluster
at the OSL, *obtained almost exactly this GWM way shown below-*

$ cd ganeti_webmgr
$ python manage.py shell

>>> from ganeti_web.models import *

*>>> vms = VirtualMachine.objects.all(cluster=...)*
*>>> nodes = Node.objects.all(cluster=...)*
*
*
*>>> serialized_data_vms = json.dump(vms, "vms.json")*
*>>> serialized_data_nodes = json.dump(nodes, "nodes.json")*

vms.json, & nodes.json is what I would need.

*Why?*
The front-end "graph.js" needs to be format-aware of these JSON objects to
use them well. (Technically, that would be me :))
Though, I am almost sure I would not be passing the same JSON as above to
the client-side ie. I might want to do some sanitizing,formatting before
serializing to JSON, in Python itself.

 But, I would need this format  atleast now,  to experiment.

Thanks,
- Pranjal

IRC: pmittal
GITHUB: pramttl