[gsoc-dev] GSoC Update, Questions on creating pull request

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:01:23 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have added a blog update
[1]<http://www.pranjalmittal.in/2013/07/google-summer-of-code-update-1.html>summarizing
my work on the GSoC project.
I sent this link on IRC too, but my internet today is very intermittent and
I guess I am missing the chat messages.

As I mentioned in the blog post, ganetiviz-cytoscape
[2]<https://github.com/pramttl/ganetiviz-cytoscape>,
is the library where most of the front-end code for this project has been
added including test cluster data fixtures that are of exactly same format
as:
 what will be returned by the GWM Views code
[3]<https://github.com/pramttl/ganeti_webmgr/blob/feature/13569/ganeti_web/views/ganetiviz.py>
have written, on the feature/13569 branch of my GWM fork
[4]<https://github.com/pramttl/ganeti_webmgr/tree/feature/13569>
.

 After discussion with chance, Mathuin on IRC, I added the get_natural_keys
method to the Node model in GWM for solving the Foreign Key serialization
problem; and it works pretty well.

I have tested everything now and everything looks good. N*ow I am keen on
knowing the further changes I need to do, if any, so that I can send a PULL
REQUEST from my
pramttl:feature/13569 branch to osuosl : feature/13569*.
(not develop right now)
Note: This is not feature complete, but just something that works nicely.

So please throw some light on this for me. :-)

Thanking You,
Kind Regards,
- Pranjal

--