[gsoc-dev] GSoC Update, Questions on creating pull request

Chance Zibolski chance at osuosl.org
Fri Jul 12 19:40:34 UTC 2013

I think this looks pretty awesome. You've made great progress!

You probably want to add the ability to pan since you can zoom. I noticed
if I zoomed in too much, if i wanted to look at something on the other
side, I had to play with zooming in and out until I could "move" my
viewport to the other side of the screen.

Secondly, you're code looks great, very clean. I think to improve on this,
you should move your django code into its own django app in GWM. I think if
you move your views/urls/js into their own app, that will go a long way,
especially since this is the project layout we're moving towards with
Peter's GSOC project. Take a look here at his github to see how he's got
the code separated into different apps:
https://github.com/pbanaszkiewicz/ganeti_webmgr/tree/enhancement/13599/ganeti_web
and
here's an example of how they'll all be loaded eventually:
https://github.com/pbanaszkiewicz/ganeti_webmgr/blob/enhancement/13599/ganeti_web/ganeti_web/settings/local.py#L96

You don't have to do a whole lot for this, simply make a new django app
directory, move the views into there, create your own urls.py, and make an
empty models.py file, and include the new app in the settings file. I hope
that makes sense, if you need help let me know and I'll do my best to help
you out.