[gsoc-dev] (no subject)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Aug 15 16:44:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:15 AM, pranjal mittal <mittal.pranjal at gmail.com>wrote:

> *On my GSoC project side-*
>
>  GWM integration => things look good. Chance has tested my branch on the
> staging server and it works. :)
> I might have to make some performance improvements to make it more smooth
> and there are some other small points that I see Chance has mentioned on
> the pull request that I will work on. [1]
>
> *I am also looking forward to the mock view of the instance placement
> around nodes you had in mind.*
>  I have added the 'h' == "help" feature you mentioned about. There are
> some more improvements. Do have a look. [2]

Attached is how I sort of see it happening. Obviously you can change how
it looks as I was just doing a mock up. But the general idea is that the
instances are shown in some grid format and then when you click on it, it
shows details about the instance and also shows the relationship to the
nodes. To me the placement of this grid doesn't have to be exactly near
the node, just in a white space closest to it and have some type of a title
signifying what node this is for. That way you don't clutter the
relationship lines.

Does this help? Feel free to edit this drawing doc if you have other ideas.

 GWM Instance Placements<https://docs.google.com/a/osuosl.org/drawings/d/1xApQezYdm-iYP3qVYCA9SD4NuFLeAeqApYjlJKh5yn4/edit?usp=drive_web>

--
Lance Albertson
Director